Tuesday, September 11, 2012
"Social Networking: Better or Worse than the Real Thing"
For my paper, I will be exploring the topic of "Social Networking: Better or Worse than the Real Thing". My view on the topic (which side I will argue) is currently pending as I need to gather my information. However, I plan to delve deeper into the social networking that occurs online today and analyze the benefits and harms it has on society and one's personal self, particularly looking at the fact that it no longer involves knowing the individual or having to even face them. Additionally, my goal is to focus on social media from an economic, technological, moral, and educational perspective with the possibility of integrating other perspectives. My main resources for information will come from Google Scholar and Baruch's multiple databases as well as other reliable webs sources such as news/magazine articles. In the end, I hope to write a paper that shows how social networking has evolved and whether it is truly better or worse than directly meeting people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Term Topic paper is related to your and i believe that socials networking make a big influence on people behavior. I think that Social Networking can be an advantage as keeping in touch with old friends and others but at the same time it can goes over the privacy limits. People know the life of others and this can have a bad impact on our society.
ReplyDeleteI agree. I think that we are all addicted to social networking, especially Facebook and Twitter. It's great that we can reach out to people easily, but I think it takes away from actual social interaction which is a bit of a concern. Also, as you mentioned, there's the privacy issue. Everything we post online these days stays online and can never be permanently deleted which is quite scary to me. If it falls into the wrong hands, then there could be consequences.
Delete